To be eligible for admission, applicants:
should possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or recognised institution of higher studies; although preference will be given to holders of degrees in Science or Engineering, we welcome a multi-disciplinary intake of students, as this is consistent with the special character of our program. OR
- should possess a professional qualification equivalent to tertiary academic level， from the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers, a member institute in the British Engineering Council, etc.;
- with work experience is an advantage but not essential;
who are non-local candidates from an institution where medium of instruction is not English have to satisfy any one of the following English proficiency requirements:
- a TOEFL score ≥ 537 (paper-based test), 203 (computer-based test), or 74 (internet-based test);
- an overall band score ≥ 6.0 in International English Language Testing System (IELTS);
- score ≥ 450 in the new College English Test (CET6) of China or a pass in the old CET-6 test.
Applicants can apply for admission through one of the following ways:
- Apply online at http://gs.hkbu.edu.hk/en/home/; or
- Submit paper application form. The application form, together with all required documents, should reach Office of Graduate School before the application deadline.
For details of application, please visit Graduate School.
1st round: Mid-November to end of February
2nd round: Early March to end of April
3th round: Early May to mid-July
Applicants please visit Graduate School for up-to-date information about the application schedule.