The BSc (Hons) in Physics and Green Energy Programme provides students training in
- Conceptual physics,
- Lab and computer skills
- Specializations in
-- Energy Management and Technology
Graduates can take up potential careers in any of these areas.
- Further studies in physics, engineering, and applied technology
- Science/Engineering/Sales of solar cells, illumination devices, batteries and fuel cells
- Energy Management and Consultants Companies --- over 100 companies are listed under the HK Government EPD webpage.
- Utilities (Electric / Gas companies)
- Government / NGO bodies – e.g., Buildings and Services Department, Hong Kong Jockey Club
Graduates can look forward to a career path in a wide range of companies and government agencies.
- Energy firms (e.g. oil and gasoline, electricity, natural gas)
- Construction firms (e.g. energy-efficient building design, carbon-neutral design)
Government (e.g. regulatory agencies)
- Consultancy (e.g. energy resource planning and pricing)
High-tech companies and research institutes (e.g. R&D work on new material and device for renewable energy)
- Further studies: MSc, MPhil, PHD
- Working with the Association of Energy Engineers Hong Kong Chapter (AEEHK)
- Taking courses related to Energy Management
Students / graduates can
(a) take courses from either (i) HKBU, or (ii) AEEHK
(b) take exams from AEEHK and get certification as a Certified Energy Manager (CEM) which has world-wide recognition.