Aims and Outcomes
The BSc (Hons) in Physics and Green Energy Programme aims to prepare students for a career in Physics and/or in the Energy sector that involves applications of scientific principles and technology. In addition to the university-wide whole person education, the specific objectives are to equip students with:
- A solid and broad foundation in physics to build their careers or to pursue further studies;
- Experimental, theoretical, and computational skills to meet the needs and challenges of contemporary society;
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The Programme Intended Learning Outcomes (PILOs)
Upon completion of this study programme, students will be able to:
- Apply fundamental principles in physics including mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics and quantum physics;
- Use skills and knowledge acquired from experimental, theoretical, and computational courses;
- Build future careers or pursue further studies by specializing in Applied Physics or Energy Management and Technology;
Analyse and solve real-world physics and energy problems;
Identify the key questions, plan the investigation, and present the scientific results through independent projects and team work.