Project Selection Schedule
GES Final Year Project Selection for 2018-2019
- Project information and library resources
Period: 7 March 2018
- (i) Year 3 tutor will give a briefing session.
- (ii) Project information such as titles and descriptions will be posted in the department homepage:
- Discussion of project (first-round selection)
Period: 8 March – 20 March 2018
Students will approach potential supervisors and discuss the requirements and duration of their interested projects. (If possible, please arrange meetings with supervisors in groups.)
6-unit project: cumulative GPA >= 2.75
3/6 or 3 unit project: no GPA requirement
(After consulting their potential supervisor, students may change a 3/6-unit project into a 3-unit or 6-unit project right at the time of project selection.)
- Submission of project selection form
Date: 21 March 2018
Students will submit the project selection form to Miss Eve Li at Physics Department Office (email@example.com). If necessary, the selection process will be repeated until all students are accommodated.
- Project assignment and result posting
Date: 10 April 2018
- All students are required to take the Final Year Project, which can be independent research or literature review.
- The mid-point project assessment will take place in November 2018. Extension of any 3/6-unit projects to 6-unit is possible provided that the students have the support of the supervisor.
- During the mid-point assessment, early termination of a 6-unit project after one semester is also possible if the student performs poorly.