OEE803C, email@example.com, ext. 5176
IoT Sensors for Smart Cities (3/6 units)
This project aims to explore applications of IoT (Internet of Things) sensors for smart
cities. Application examples of IoT smart sensors in this project include:
- medical diagnosis (eg., spirometer);
- smart home;
- STEM education;
- smart sensors for household electrical energy consumption;
- smart light pole weather station;
- big data analysis of electrical energy consumption.
Examples of training, CV development, and career opportunities in this project include:
- internship in biosensing company at Hong Kong Science Park;
- student helpers for service learning;
- student helpers for STEM education (EDB and HKAGE);
- student helpers for virtual teaching and learning;
- student helpers for Research Impact Fund (RIF) project and public engagement
- activities; and
- student Helpers for rooftop solar photovoltaic project at HKBU campus.
Depending on students’ interests and expectation, students can select any field(s) of study, or even suggest your study direction(s).