Physics and GES Final Year Project Selection for 2020-2021
- Project information and library resources
FYP briefing: FYP briefing: We will upload a briefing video to explain the key points. Project information such as titles and descriptions will be posted in the department homepage
Library workshop: April 17, 2020 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM)
Please register at: https://hkbu.zoom.us/meeting/register/vpMvf-qgpzooAjoraC4yAG4WrizI3DFODQ
- Discussion of project (first-round selection)
Period: 8 March – 20 March 2019
Students will approach potential supervisors and discuss the requirements and duration of their interested projects. (If possible, please arrange meetings with supervisors in groups.)
6-unit project: cumulative GPA >= 2.75
3-unit project: no GPA requirement
(After consulting their potential supervisor, students may decide the number of units for a 3/6-unit project at the time of project selection.)
- Submission of project selection form
Date: 21 March 2019
Students will submit the project selection form to Miss Eve Li at Physics Department Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). If necessary, the selection process will be repeated until all students are accommodated.
- Project assignment and result posting
Date: 10 April 2019
- - All students are required to take the Final Year Project, which can be independent research or literature review.
- - The mid-point project assessment will take place in November 2019. Extension of any 3-unit projects to 6-unit is possible provided that the students have the support of the supervisor.
- - During the mid-point assessment, early termination of a 6-unit project after one semester is also possible if the student performs poorly.