Acoustic Waves, Acoustic Metamaterials and Phononic Crystals
Dr. Ma’s studies classical wave physics. His focus is on acoustic waves and elastic waves. The topics of interests include acoustic metamaterials, elastic metamaterials, phononic crystals, wavefield shaping, non-Hermitian wave system, etc.
Some of Dr. Ma’s research achievements are:
- The development of membrane-type acoustic metamaterials with various extreme properties;
- The development of resonant elastic metamaterials, in particular, the first experimental realization of the elastic property of fluid in fully solid composite materials;
- The first experimental observation of geometric phase of Bloch bands in acoustics;
- The first experimental study of high-order (>2) exceptional points in any physical system.
- Realization of the first “spatial sound modulators” capable of active re-shaping of complex sound field.
Website: Guancong's Research Group