Prof CHEAH, Kok Wai, 謝國偉教授
Dr. Elizabeth K. S. Law Endowed Professor in Advanced Materials
Director, Institute of Advanced Materials
B.Sc. Hons, ARCS, M.Sc., DIC, Ph.D., CSci, CPhys. FinstP
Imperial College London
Senior Visiting Professor of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Adjunct Professor of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
Visiting Professor of Jinan University, Guangzhou, China
Current Research Interests
- Linear and non-linear optical properties of organic complexes.
- Photonic nano-structures, metamaterials/plasmonic device and non-Hermitian system.
- Organic LED and organiclaser materials.
Dr. Yi Jiang Dr. King Fai Li Kun Gao He Lin Dr. Hoi Lam Tam Yuan‐Yuan Liu Yu Shu Prof. Ka‐Leung Wong Prof. Wen‐Yong Lai Prof. Kok Wai Cheah Prof. Wei Huang, Frequency‐Upconverted Stimulated Emission by Up to Six‐Photon Excitation from Highly Extended Spiro‐Fused Ladder‐Type Oligo(p‐phenylene)s, A Journal of the German Chemical Society (2021).
Ka Y. Cheng Suet Y. Ching Kok W. Cheah, Color generation through plasmonic coupled dissimilar nano‐metals using mask free deposition, Nano Select 2020;1:666-672 (2020).
Ningbin Mao, Junhong Deng, Xuecai Zhang, Yutao Tang, Mingke Jin, Yang Li, Xuan Liu, Kingfai Li, Tun Cao, Kokwai Cheah, Hong Wang, Jack Ng, and Guixin Li, Nonlinear Diatomic Metasurface for Real and Fourier Space Image Encoding, Nano Lett. 2020, 20, 10, 7463–7468 (2020).
Charlotte Po, Chi-Hang Tao, King-Fai Li, Carmen Ka Man Chan, Heidi Li-Ki Fu, Nianyong Zhu, Kok-Wai Cheah, Vivian Wing-Wah Yam, Design, synthesis, luminescence and non-linear optical properties of 1,3,5-triethynylbenzene-based alkynylplatinum(II) terpyridine complexes, Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, Volume 881, 15 February 2019, Pages 13-18 (2019).
Shumei Chen, King Fai Li, Guixin Li, Kok Wai Cheah & Shuang Zhang, Gigantic electric-field-induced second harmonic generation from an organic conjugated polymer enhanced by a band-edge effect, Light: Science & Applications volume 8, Article number: 17 (2019).
Ji Young Kim, Woo Young Kim, and Kok Wai Cheah, Quantitative analysis of charge distribution in bi-emissive layer white organic light-emitting diodes with two fluorescent dopants, Scientific Reports, 8, 3172 (2018).
- Lu Zhang and K.W. Cheah, Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Host for High Performance Organic Light-Emitting Diodes, Scientific Report, 8,8832 (2018).
- Shumei Chen, Guixin Li, Kok-Wai Cheah, Thomas Zentgraf and Shuang Zhang, Controlling the phase of optical nonlinearity with plasmonic metasurfaces, Nanophotonics, 7, 1013 (2018).
- Rui Chen, Jinfeng Zhang, Jipsa Chelora, Yuan Xiong, Stephen V. Kershaw, King Fai Li, Pik-Kwan Lo, Kok Wai Cheah, Andrey L. Rogach, Juan Antonio Zapien, and Chun-Sing Lee, Ruthenium(II) Complex Incorporated UiO-67 Metal-Organic Framework Nanoparticles for Enhanced Two-Photon Fluorescence Imaging and Photodynamic Cancer Therapy, Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 9, 5699-5708 (2017).
- Fatemeh Hosseini Alast, Guixin Li, and Kok Wai Cheah, Rabi-like splitting from large area plasmonic microcavity, AIP ADVANCES, 7, 085201(2017).
- Shumei Chen, Yuan Cai, Guixin Li, Shuang Zhang, and Kok Wai Cheah, Geometric metasurface fork gratings for vortex-beam generation and manipulation, Laser Photonics, 1-5 (2016).
- Yiren Xia, O. Yin Wan, and Kok Wai Cheah, OLED for human centric lighting, Optical Materials Express, 1905-1913 (2016).
- Shumei Chen, Franziska Zeuner, Martin Weismann, Bernhard Reineke, Guixin Li, Ventsislav Kolev Valev, Kok Wai Cheah, Nicolae Coriolan Panoiu, Thomas Zentgraf, Shuang Zhang, Giant nonlinear optical activity of achiral origin in planar metasurfaces with quadratic and cubic nonlinearities, Advanced Materials, 28, 2992-2999 (2016).
- Jinfeng Zhang, Wencheng Chen, Sergii Kalytchuk, King Fai Li, Rui Chen, Chilhaya Adachi, Zhan Chen, Andrey L. Rogach, Guangyu Zhu, Peter K. N. Yu, Wenjun Zhang, Kok Wai Cheah, Xiaohong Zhang, and Chun-Sing Lee, Self-Assembly of Electron Donor-Acceptor-Based Carbazole Derivatives: Novel Fluorescent Organic Nanoprobes for Both One- and Two-photon Cellular Imaging, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 8(18), pp 11355-11365 (2016).
- Lei Guo, King Fai Li, Xiaoqin Zhang, Kok Wai Cheah and Man Shing Wong, Highly Efficient Multiphoton-Pumped Frequency-Upconversion Stimulated Blue Emission with Ultralow Threshold from Highly Extended Ladder-Type Oligo (p-phenylene)s, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 55, 10639 (2016).
- Guixin Li, Shumei Chen, Nitipat Pholchai, Bernhard Reinehe, Polis Wing Han Wong, Edwin Yue Bun Pun, Kok Wai Cheah, Thomas Zentgraf and Shuang Zhang, Continuous control of the nonlinearity phase for harmonic generations, Nature Materials, 14, 607-612 (2015).
- K.L.Chan, G. X. Li, and Kok Wai Cheah, Spatially variant color light source using amplified spontaneous emission from organic thin films, Optical Materials Express, 5, 497-502 (2015).
- Xin Jiang Feng, Shao Fu Chen, Yong Ni, Man Shing Wong, Maggie M.K. Lam, Kok Wai Cheah, Guo Qiao Lai, Fluorene derivatives for highly efficient non-doped single-layer blue organic light-emitting diodes, Organic Electronics, 15, 57-64 (2014).
- Shumei Chen, Guixin Li, Franziska Zeuner, Wing Han Wong, Edwin Yue Bun Pun, Thomas Zentgraf, Kok Wai Cheah, and Shuang Zhang, Symmetry-Selective Third- Harmonic Generation from Plasmonic Metactystals, Physical Review Letters, 113, 033901 (2014).
- Wanggui Yang, Pui Shan Chan, Miu Shan Chan, King Fai Li, Pik Kwan Lo, Nai Ki Mak, Kok Wai Cheah, and Man Shing Wong, Two-photon fluorescence probes for imaging of mitochondria and lysosomes, Chem. Commun. 49, 3428-3430 (2013).
- Lei Guo, King Fai Li, Man Shing Wong and Kok Wai Cheah, Star-shaped ladder-type ter(p-phenylene)s for efficient multiphoton absorption, Chem. Commun., 49, 3597-3599(2013).
- H. L. Tam, K. W. Cheah, David T. P. Goh and Joseph K. L. Goh, Iridescence and nano-structure differences in Papilio butterflies, Optical Material Express, 3, 1087-1092 (2013).
- Shumei Chen, Guixin Li, Dangyuan Lei and Kok Wai Cheah, Efficient energy exchange between plasmon and cavity modes via Rabi-analogue splitting in a hybrid plasmonic nanocavity, Nanoscale, 5(19), 9129-9133 (2013).
- Guixin Li, Ming Kang, Shumei Chen, Shuang Zhang, Edwin Yue-Bun Pun, K. W. CHeah, Spin-Enabled Plasmonic Metasurfaces for Manipulating Orbital Angular Momentum of Light, Nano Letters, 13, 4148-4151(2013).
- Lingling Huang, Xianzhong Chen, Holger Muhlenbern, Hao Zheng, Shumei Chen, Benfeng Bai, Qiaofeng Tan, Guofan Jing, Kok Wai Cheah, Cheng-Wei Qiu, Jensen Li, Thomas Zentgraf and Shuang Zhang, Three-dimensional optical holography using plasmonic metasurface, Nature Communications, 4, 1-7(2013).
- Shumei Chen, Guixin Li, Winghan Wong, Yuebun Pun and Kokwai Cheah, Surface plasmon enhanced third harmonic generation from metal-organic hybrid plasmonic, Adv Optical Mat., 1, 522-526 (2013).
- G. X. Li, S. M. Chen, W. H. Wong, E. Y. B. Pun and K. W. Cheah, Highly flexible near-infrared metamaterials, Optics Express, 20, 397-402 (2012).
Gold Medal with the Congratulations of Jury, in the Special Edition 2021 Inventions Geneva Evaluation Days
The Grand Prix International Invention Award and Gold Medal