Dr MA, Lik Kuen, 馬力權博士
B.Sc. Hong Kong Baptist University
Ph.D. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Current Research Interests
- Organic electronic materials and devices, e.g. Organic solar cell
- Charge transport properties of thin films of organic materials
Key Research Publications
- Lik-Kuen Ma, Yuzhong Chen, Philip CY Chow, Guangye Zhang, Jiachen Huang, Chao Ma, Jianquan Zhang, Hang Yin, Andy Man Hong Cheung, Kam Sing Wong, Shu Kong So, He Yan, "High Efficiency Indoor Organic Photovoltaics with a Band-Aligned Interlayer", Joule, Cell press, (2020).
- Hang Yin‡, Lik‐Kuen Ma‡, Yilin Wang, Jiachen Huang, Han Yu, Jianquan Zhang, Philip CY Chow, Wei Ma, Shu Kong So, He Yan, "Donor Polymer Can Assist Electron Transport in Bulk Heterojunction Blends with Small Energetic Offsets", Advanced Material, (2019).
Other Research Publications
- Ruijie Ma,Tao Liu, Zhenghui Luo, Ke Gao, Kai Chen, Guangye Zhang,Wei Gao,Yiqun Xiao,Tsz-Ki Lau, Qunping Fan, Yuzhong Chen, Lik-Kuen Ma*, Huiliang Sun, Guilong Cai, Tao Yang, Xinhui Lu, Ergang Wang, Chuluo Yang, Alex K-Y. Jen, He Yan, "Adding a third component with reduced miscibility and higher LUMO level enables efficient ternary organic solar cells, ACS Energy Letters" (2020).
- Huatong Yao‡, Lik-Kuen Ma‡, Han Yu, Jianwei Yu, Philip C.Y. Chow, Wenyue Xue, Xinhui Zou, Huiliang Sun, Yuzhong Chen, Jiaen Liang, Lingeswaran Arunagiri , Feng Gao, Guangye Zhang,Wei Ma, and He Yan, "All-Polymer Solar Cells with over 12% Efficiency and a Small Voltage Loss Enabled by a Polymer Acceptor based on an Extended Fused Ring Core", Advanced Energy Materials (2020).
- Hang Yin‡, Lik Kuen Ma‡, Jie Yan, Zhuoqiong Zhang, Andy Man Hong Cheung, Jianquan Zhang, He Yan, Shu Kong So, Thick-Film Low Driving-Force Indoor Light Harvesters, Solar RRL (2020).
- Jianquan Zhang, Yunke Li, Zhengxing Peng, Fujin Bai, Lik-Kuen Ma, Harald Ade, Zhengke Li, He Yan, "Near-infrared electron acceptors with fused nonacyclic molecular backbones for nonfullerene organic solar cells", Materials Chemistry Frontiers (2020).
- Han Han‡, Lik-Kuen Ma‡, Lin Zhang, Yikun Guo, Yunke Li, Han Yu, Wei Ma, He Yan, Dahui Zhao, "Tweaking the molecular geometry of a tetraperylenediimide acceptor," ACS applied materials & interfaces (2019).
- Minghui Hao, Tao Liu, Yiqun Xiao, Lik-Kuen Ma, Guangye Zhang, Cheng Zhong, Zhanxiang Chen, Zhenghui Luo, Xinhui Lu, He Yan, Lei Wang, Chuluo Yang, "Achieving balanced charge transport and favorable blend morphology in non-fullerene solar cells via acceptor end group modification", Chemistry of Materials (2019).
- Jing Liu‡, Lik‐Kuen Ma‡, Haoran Lin, Lin Zhang, Zhengke Li, Wai Kit Law, Ao Shang, Huawei Hu, Wei Ma, He Yan, "A donor polymer based on a difluorinated pentathiophene unit enabling enhanced performance for nonfullerene organic solar cells", Small Methods (2018).
- Jing Liu, Lik-Kuen Ma‡, Zhengke Li, Huawei Hu, Fu Kit Sheong, Guangye Zhang, Harald Ade, He Yan, "Donor polymer based on alkylthiophene side chains for efficient non-fullerene organic solar cells: insights into fluorination and side chain effects on polymer aggregation and blend morphology", Journal of Materials Chemistry A (2018).
- Jing Liu‡, Lik-Kuen Ma‡, Fu Kit Sheong, Lin Zhang, Huawei Hu, Jing-Xuan Zhang, Jianquan Zhang, Zhengke Li, Chao Ma, Xu Han, Ding Pan, Harald Ade, Wei Ma, He Yan, "Carboxylate substitution position influencing polymer properties and enabling non-fullerene organic solar cells with high open circuit voltage and low voltage loss", Journal of Materials Chemistry A (2018).
- Jianguo Wang‡, Lik-Kuen Ma‡, Jiachen Huang, Ming Chen, Zitong Liu, Guoyu Jiang, He Yan ,"Side-chain effect of perylene diimide tetramer-based non-fullerene acceptors for improving the performance of organic solar cells", Materials Chemistry Frontiers (2018).
- Guofang Yang, Jing Liu, Lik-Kuen Ma, Shangshang Chen, Joshua Yuk Lin Lai, Wei Ma, He Yan, "Understanding the influence of carboxylate substitution on the property of high-performance donor polymers in non-fullerene organic solar cells", Materials Chemistry Frontiers (2018).
- Huawei Hu, Yunke Li, Jianquan Zhang, Zhengxing Peng, Lik‐kuen Ma, Jingming Xin, Jiachen Huang, Tingxuan Ma, Kui Jiang, Guangye Zhang, Wei Ma, Harald Ade, He Yan, "Effect of Ring‐Fusion on Miscibility and Domain Purity: Key Factors Determining the Performance of PDI‐Based Nonfullerene Organic, Solar Cells", Advanced Energy Materials (2018).
- Shangshang Chen, Huatong Yao, Bo Hu, Guangye Zhang, Lingeswaran Arunagiri, Lik‐Kuen Ma, Jiachen Huang, Jianquan Zhang, Zonglong Zhu, Fujin Bai, Wei Ma, He Yan, "A nonfullerene semitransparent tandem organic solar cell with 10.5% power conversion efficiency", Advanced Energy Materials (2018).
- Jing Liu‡, Lik-Kuen Ma‡, Zhengke Li, Huawei Hu, Tingxuan Ma, Chenhui Zhu, Harald Ade, He Yan, "A random donor polymer based on an asymmetric building block to tune the morphology of non-fullerene organic solar cells", Journal of Materials Chemistry A (2017).
- Carr Hoi Yi Ho, Huanyang Cao, Yong Lu, Tsz-Ki Lau, Sin Hang Cheung, Ho-Wa Li, Hang Yin, Ka Lok Chiu, Lik-Kuen Ma, Yuanhang Cheng, Sai-Wing Tsang, Xinhui Lu, Shu Kong So, Beng S Ong, "Boosting the photovoltaic thermal stability of fullerene bulk heterojunction solar cells through charge transfer interactions", Journal of Materials Chemistry A (2017).
‡ denote absolute equal contribution * denote correspondence author